Friday, May 28, 2010

Anime in Focus: Coyote Ragtime Show episode 3


Previous episode

This show is available for free on Hulu HERE

Ah, episode 3 of Coyote Ragtime show, which means I approve of the show after a two episode hazing ritual. Now that we’ve passed that, I can safely say I will commit to the rest of the show.

At the end of the last episode Mister and Franca manage to rejoin the rest of his crew on Mister’s ship. Unfortunately, they are still on the run from Marciano’s 12 sisters, who we get to see acting weird. By weird I mean discussing clothes and painting their nails. This concept confounds me greatly, as I cannot conceive why anybody would program a killer robot to care about their nails or hair. Then again, it fits the attitude of this show, so I won’t let it get to me.

During this chase scene we get a bit of exposition about the importance of getting the treasure on Graceland by the end of the week. Also, during this we find out a bit about Franca’s back story and her relation to mister. After all this, they decide to run off to see  an old friend of Mister’s, who is currently running a church.

This is an odd site, because we are given a scene of the guy’s sermon. Now then, we are shown a black guy in a southern church wearing liturgical robes singing in Japanese. For a minute there, my head was at extreme risk of exploding due to the clash. After a long talk between Mister and the priest, Gordon about the treasure and the man who hid it, Pirate King Bruce, they get attacked by the 12 sisters again. Fortunately, everybody has a rocket launcher, allowing for an explosive gunfight with them.

This episode ends with lots of gunfights and explosions. This show has a nice attitude about what it’s doing, and does not mess around. I will most certainly be continuing with it More to come later

Please comment and Subscribe!

Coming soon! Episode 4

No comments: