Sunday, April 11, 2010

Anime in Focus: School Days Episode 1


Well, this one was quite interesting. While my local Anime club was deciding what to watch, this anime came up. Half were exited, another half were trying to talk us out of watching it. Hearing that it was a harem that ends badly, I was partially exited, simply because of how sick I am of seeing happy couples get their happy ending. I sometimes like that warm and fuzzy feeling that a lot of shoujo emits, but at the moment,  after I’ve been rejected for the 20,000th time, seeing a happy couple makes me sick.

Anyhoo, this anime starts with the lead sitting on a train taking a picture of a girl he likes with his phone. Kinda creepy, but whatever. He tries to hide his affection for her from his friends, as typical romantic comedy rules dictate you should. It’s really trying to hard to get you to think this will be a typical romantic comedy. The girl that sits next to him in class finds out, and starts antagonizing him about it. This actually leads to a scene where the lead starts threatening the girl next to him. I found this to be deliciously messed up.

His friends start suggesting that the girl next to him is totally into him. This doesn’t seem true when the girl who sits next to him introduces him to the girl he’s been crushing over…..

She introduces them, and they hit it off quite well….

Later that day though, THIS STUFF GETS REAL

Well, gotta leave some suspense, but the ending to this first episode got me exited.

I also noticed all the girls in this anime have abnormally huge eyes. I don’t have a problem with it, but it’s really noticeable.
Next Episode ->

No comments: