Thursday, June 17, 2010

Opinions on Anime Expo 2010


Okay, Anime expo is coming up in about two weeks, so I feel it’s time to build up the hype machine over here. I am both exited and nervous regarding this year’s convention for various reasons.

First and foremost, I will not be just an attendee this year, for I plan to volunteer and actually contribute to the convention. This does get me a free ticket, and I feel that since I’ve been attending Anime expo for so many years, maybe I should really take some time to get to know it. It’s unfortunate that they did not accept me for a staff position, but I heard their cutting back. Not good, since I heard their cutting back on the registration staff, which means

THE LINE! WHY MUST THEY DO LESS TO CONTROL IT?

On the bright side, I will be done with the line on day 0, before anything interesting actually happens. Hence allowing me to enjoy the convention without wasting half of day one on some stupid line.

I know that I will probably be taking efforts to attend this year’s masquerade and AMV contest. This is because I have been told that MoonyMonster will probably be making a skit in the Masquerade, meaning attendance is pretty mandatory, AMV contest is usually exiting, and only suckers don’t go.

It is relevant that everybody knows that I will take great effort to avoid volunteering at 6:00 PM on July 2 (day 2) in order to attend the Persona gathering. (details HERE) I will be attending as Seta Souji, (Persona 4) or as I’ve been referring to myself, “The Brotagonist,” and I will be the one wielding a wiffle bat instead of a sword (I’d go get a golf club, but weapon policy blows. It appears that this year most of the cast will be showing, although I am very disappointed that there is no Rise Kujikawa, and that nobody has taken up to cosplaying Adachy-baby (as Teddy refers to him.) I will be attending other cosplay gatherings based on what I feel like, with a moderately high probability of me attending the Haruhi gathering right after the Persona gathering, based mostly on how interesting the Persona gathering is.

In other news, I will most likely be attending the dance, because I am awesome. There is a 75% chance of me cosplaying on any given night at the dance, although odds are much higher on day 2, since I have to be in costume for the Persona gathering. I do not have an actual date for the dance, and I will be accepting applications for a date from now to approximately five seconds before I get to the dance. Applications will be incredibly biased, and everybody does not have a fair chance of being my date. Winner will be selected based on timing, attitude, luck, costume, and whether or not I like your face.

At the moment, all I have left to do for the expo is wait, since I have made most the preparations, aside from extorting money from a few people in my hotel squadron. Other than that, I am ready to rock. How about you guys?

Please comment and Subscribe!

No comments: