Saturday, June 19, 2010

Climax of Small Press Idol round 3


Well, sad news. The people I was pushing to win Small Press Idol round 3 did not win. The cure came close though. In light of this, I have decided instead to attempt to continue to manipulate the poll results in the little way I can, despite not knowing any of the people running. I will now take the same stance as the judges and push titles based solely on how much I think they would sell if they were in a comic book shoppe.

Curse of the Vessel, The People that melt in the Rain, and Clown town were both featured in my previous small press idol post HERE

Personally, I’d prefer Curse of the Vessel or The People that melt in the rain to win, for I feel they have the most potential for a good plot in comparison to the other plots. However, reading on the Small Press idol forums, Clown Town may or may not have some good potential. Alas, to decrease Bias, I will discuss a new contender, Monkey quest:

Monkey Quest: This project managed to steal third place from The People that Melt in the Rain at the last minute, putting it in a weakly held spot. The story follows a group of thieves who have achieved a map that leads to a relic that will spell the undoing of some empire. While this premise has been done to death, this project has a respectable spot in the competition, probably due to character designs being very clean, and everything being very easy on the eyes.

Overall, while the original projects that I was pushing for did not achieve a position in this contest that would assure victory, since I have done all this research, I feel compelled to see the contest through to the end, and possibly have an effect on the results. Hence, I may attempt to get a look at the material released for round four, and at that point, I will report my opinions on who I think should win. MAY THE BEST COMIC WIN!

No comments: