Sunday, April 18, 2010

Local Artists: JokersBri



Well, it’s time to write a feature on another artist in my area, Joker's Bri
This artist does a large variety in stuff, usually in alternating phases. Sometimes she does realistic stuff, sometimes really cartoony stuff, and other times abstract stuff. Other interests include performing bases, and recently, she’s been practicing using a writing tablet (it’s a thingy that translates penstrokes into paint or photoshop). Let’s start by exhibition some of her work, shall we!

Let’s start with one of her newer items, the cover picture on her deviant art page:

Sort of a preview for a book… thingy she’s been writing about the afterlife and demons. It shows a bit of promise. This image showcases her use of the tablet, in order to create pictures that are just ripe to be photoshopped in order to create a better recreation of what you envision a picture looking like. I like the weird colors and weird effect that the characters have, which gives a sense of ennui to the viewer.

Next up is one of her older works, a sketch of the joker from the Dark Knight. This one is black and white, and demonstrates her ability to do realistic work:


This one just looks kinda cool.

On the other end of the scale, we have this picture here:


This one was made when she was in a phase revolving around drawing comics about fruit. I can’t remember exactly why she chose to have a rabid car attacking an amorphic lemon, and I’m not even sure if she remembers why. This phase created comics containing wacky shenanigans about lemons and oranges. It was very cute.

This one is an older picture that she did for my birthday:


This one is a picture of Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile dressed as Kos Mos from Xenosaga. It pretty much just wins just on concept points.

And finally, she’ll probably kill me for posting this one. This is a promotional for a book she was writing but doesn’t wanna hear about again:


I think it looks kinda cool. It was some book about vampires in Antartica or something along those lines.

Lets see, overall JokerBri does a large variety of works, although she’ll be mad at me if I don’t’ mention her writing hobby. She mainly wants to be known for the writing samples she posts on Deviantart, but I have an easier time critiquing and focusing on pictures. Alas, if you want to see her writing, just go on over to her deviant art page. As for me, I must convince Saddleback’s mysterious master artist to get a Deviant Art so I can do a section on him.

Please comment and Subscribe!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG this is nice post ... i like it :D

Bri said...

Heaven forbid should you mention I'm your sister? Too fat for you?
hahaa,
anyway, thanks ;D