Sunday, April 4, 2010

Anime in Focus: K-ON episode 1

Alright, I’m starting a new section in this blog called Anime in Focus (as per the title).

In this section, I’ll watch an episode from an anime and post my thoughts about it, giving readers an idea of what I think before I review an actual series as a whole. Also, it lets you feel like you’re watching an anime with me…. Kinda.

Today I’m discussing episode 1 of K-ON, an anime I thought seemed pretty cool, but the rest of my local anime club didn’t like it. Hence, I’m watching it without those guys.

Episode 1 introduces the main cast, a group of high school girls who are trying to organize a club, trying to join a club, and one that is just bored and aimless. Despite having very little musical talent between them, they decide to form a band, because of a promise one made to the other.

Overall, I’m more interested in it than the rest of the anime club at my school, on the simple principal that it combines Moe AND a Rock band. This is clearly a solid combination that needs to be explored, and I am quite interested in seeing what transpires between these characters.

Next Episode:
K-ON episode 2

Please Comment and Subscribe!

No comments: