Saturday, October 25, 2008

Vegeta, what does the Scouter say about how many episodes it has?

Sorry, still don’t have the money to get new stuff to review. I may dig into my archives, but I don’t have any really recent stuff. I’m currently pretty addicted to Chibi Vampire, but they took that off of OneManga… >_> meanies at Tokyopop.

So, instead of writing about the fine details of what I’m reading (don’t feel like that yet, I want that to be GOOD) I’m going to rant about something that bothers me about anime. Going way too far. Some series just don’t know when to quit, and by the time they DO quit, their core fan base has already lost interest. It drives me mad how so many anime do this. Although it may seem like a smart business move to keep going as long as it makes money, it ruins a show’s memorability if it stays beyond its welcome. For example, Pokemon. That’s been going on for as long as the energizer bunny. And it keeps going and going and going and going…..

Seriously, I prefer to think of a series as “dude, that was awesome, I want more” than “meh, it was going downhill since the third season.” Case in point: I always talk about how freaking awesome the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya is, and that was only fourteen episodes… of AWESOME! If a series leaves a lasting impression on you, you don’t need to make it last forever. Also, if you need more episodes, don’t put in 100+ filler… just go on hiatus for crying out loud! Build some hype!

No comments: